Pledge Raising Tips
Bowlers are required to raise a minimum of $60 each and only need to raise $125 to receive an incentive prize.
Don’t forget to give yourself a pat on the back! Every dollar raised goes toward supporting local children in our community. The pyramid below outlines what your funding means for our organization at each level. See the prize page to discover the special incentive prize you’ll get as a thank you for supporting our cause.
Raising money is easy! Just be creative and have fun. Here are some ideas:
- Gather donations and put together a basket for a raffle.
- Set up a fundraising event by organizing a party or pub night.
- Have friends pledge you based on your bowling score (ie: $1 for each pin knocked down or $5 for every strike)
- Request pledges from family, friends, clients and colleagues with your personal online pledging page.
- Use social media to link to your personal fundraising page and ask your friends to share the link.
- Create an e-signature that links to your personal fundraising page.
- Be creative! Send a personal video message. You could even just use your iPhone!
- Set a fundraising goal and use social media to share it.
At the Office
- Challenge a co-worker to a pledge-off. Loser buys beers at your bowling event.
- Organize a bake sale or used book sale.
- Sell candy, chips, popcorn, soda or donuts at the office. You may be able to have goodies donated so that all money raised will be used for the cause.
- Ask your employer if they will match your fundraising total. It’s a quick way to double your donations!
- Put a spare change tin at the front entrance of the office with a description of the event and don’t forget to include your own spare change!
- Organize a 50/50 raffle with the employees.
- Sell raffle tickets to win a free vacation day (with approval from the boss). This will be a big hit with staff!
- Auction prime spots in the office parking lot for one-week blocks.
- Co-workers can guess the amount or weight of candy in a jar and charge a fee to participate. Closest guess wins the jar of candy.
- Have employees enter a raffle to swap jobs with a colleague for the day-maybe even the boss! Charge an entry fee and see who wins.
- Make an office scavenger hunt. Hide clues around the office or building leading to the grand prize. Participants pay a fee to enter.
- Prepare a silent auction and have co-workers bid on items throughout the day.
- Ask your colleagues to bring in their baby photos, then charge your colleagues a fee for a chance to match the photos to staff members. Award a prize to the winner.
Don’t forget pledges will be collected until May 1. So keep fundraising even after your event!