Join the Team!
We’re always looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join our events team. If you’re interested in getting involved, contact Nathan Butz at 604.876.2447 x246 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Bowling Event Volunteers – The 2020 Scotiabank Bowl for Big Brothers Classic
Dates: Evenings and weekends in April & May.
We are seeking energetic, friendly and outgoing volunteers to help with bowling events! At Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver, we help children realize their full potential. When provided with positive adult mentors, children experience heightened self-esteem, achieve better grades and are less likely to bully or tolerate bullying. The Scotiabank Bowl for Big Brothers Classic is one of the largest fundraising initiatives to support Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver’s valuable mentoring programs in our community.
Volunteers Required: 40
- Greeting bowlers
- Collecting pledges
- Taking pictures
- Distributing prizes
- Selling raffle tickets
- Answering participant questions
- Other fun activities
- Be available for a 2 hour shift at bowling events during the five week campaign (you may specify your preferred bowling centre location, dates and time)
- An excellent attitude and willingness to learn
- Previous cash handling experience an asset
- Fluent in English
- 18 or older
- Make a difference in the lives of children in your community
- Meet fantastic people and have fun
- Gain valuable skills and experience
- Enhance your resume
- Receive a campaign t-shirt
For more information about this volunteer opportunity or to request an application form, please contact Nathan Butz by phone at 604.876.2447 x246 or by email at email@example.com.