Join the Team!
We’re always looking for enthusiastic volunteers to join our events team. If you’re interested in getting involved, contact Katie Bell at 604.876.2447 x228 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position: Bowling Event Volunteers – The 2017 Scotiabank Bowl for Big Brothers Classic
Location: Lower Mainland Bowling Centres (Vancouver, Burnaby, Richmond)
Dates: Evenings and weekends in April
We are seeking energetic, friendly and outgoing volunteers to help with bowling events! At Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver, we help vulnerable children realize their full potential. When provided with positive adult mentors, children experience heightened self-esteem, achieve better grades and are less likely to bully or tolerate bullying. The Scotiabank Bowl for Big Brothers Classic raises funds to support Big Brothers of Greater Vancouver’s valuable mentoring programs in our community.
Volunteers Required: 50
· Greeting bowlers
· Collecting pledge books
· Taking pictures
· Distributing prizes
· Selling raffle tickets
· Answering participant questions
· Acting as MC at smaller events (optional)
· Other fun activities
· Attend a volunteer orientation session at our office
· Be available for a minimum of four 2.5 hour shifts at bowling events during the four week campaign. You may specify your preferred bowling centre location(s) and dates
· An excellent attitude, strong attention to detail and a willingness to learn
· Previous cash handling experience an asset
· Fluent in English
· 18 or older
· Make a difference in the lives of children in your community
· Meet fantastic people and have fun
· Gain valuable skills and experience
· Enhance your resume
· Attend the campaign launch and wrap up parties
· Receive a campaign t-shirt
For more information about this volunteer opportunity or to request an application form, please contact Katie Bell by phone at 604.876.2447 x228 or by email at email@example.com.